Laingsburg, Western Cape

Founded: 1881

Named after a government official, John Laing.

 


Click to view large map

List of references:

Fagan, Gawie & Fagan, Gwen. 2008. Brakdak : platdakke in die Karoo. Cape Town: Breestraat Publikasies. pp 116-127
Fransen, Hans. 2004. The old buildings of the Cape. A survey of extant architecture from before c1910 in the area of Cape Town - Calvinia - Colesberg - Uitenhage. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pp 547
Joubert, 'Ora (Ed). 2009. 10 years + 100 buildings : Architecture in a Democratic South Africa. Cape Town: Bell-Roberts Publishing. pp 246-249
Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pp 133
Oberholster, JJ. 1972. The historical monuments of South Africa. Cape Town: Rembrandt Van Rijn Foundation for Culture at the request of the National Monuments Council. pp 179
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 115-116
Schoeman, Chris. 2013. Historical Karoo, The : Traces of the past in South Africa's arid interior. Cape Town: Zebra Press. pp 32-38

List of structures:

Blockhouse: c1900.
Dawid Klaaste Multipurpose Centre: 2005. Bergsig,
Koup Station: n.d..
Lutheran Church: 1884.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1904.
Post Office: n.d..
Road bridge over the Buffels River: n.d..
Volkskas Bank - now ABSA: pre 1964.
Wyke Station: n.d..