Clanwilliam, Western Cape



Named after the Earl of Clanwilliam by Sir John Cradock

 


Click to view large map

Used to be called Jandisselsvleidorp until 1814.

List of references:

Fagan, Gawie & Fagan, Gwen. 2008. Brakdak : platdakke in die Karoo. Cape Town: Breestraat Publikasies. pp 192-193
Fransen, Hans. 2004. The old buildings of the Cape. A survey of extant architecture from before c1910 in the area of Cape Town - Calvinia - Colesberg - Uitenhage. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pp & Upper Olifants River Valley 353-361
Fransen, Hans. 2006. Old towns and villages of the Cape. A survey of the origin and development of towns, villages and hamlets at the Cape of Good Hope. With particular reference to their physical planning and historical landscape. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball. pp 149-154
Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pp 56
Picton-Seymour, Désirée. 1989. Historical Buildings in South Africa. Cape Town: Struikhof Publishers. pp 75
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 104-105

List of structures:

Clanwilliam Dam: 1935. district
Gaol - Museum: c1808.
Gereformeerde Kerk: 1950.
High School, new assembly hall: 1939.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: n.d..
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1963.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1864.
NG Kerksaal: n.d..
Parish Church of St John-the-Evangelist: 1859.
School: nd.