Notice: Undefined index: lim_start in /usr/www/users/artefekshh/main/Buildings/towndetframes.php on line 16 Utrecht, KwaZulu-Natal










Utrecht, KwaZulu-Natal

Founded: 1854

Named after the city in Holland.

 


Click to view large map

Once located in the former Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek (ZAR - Transvaal Republic). Part of the territories occupied by the British in the Anglo Boer War and ceded to the Natal Colony in 1902 Peace of Vereeniging as part of the New Territories.

List of references:

Oberholster, JJ. 1972. The historical monuments of South Africa. Cape Town: Rembrandt Van Rijn Foundation for Culture at the request of the National Monuments Council. pp 282
Picton-Seymour, Désirée. 1989. Historical Buildings in South Africa. Cape Town: Struikhof Publishers. pp 144-145
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 247-248

List of structures:

First National Bank: n.d..
Gaol: 1893.
Magistrates, Post and Telegraph Office: 1893.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1893.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1857.
Old Parsonage Museum: n.d..
Petrus Lafras Uys Memorial: 1881 : 1988.
Road Bridge over the Lynspruit: n.d.. district
St Michael and All Angels: n.d..
Town Hall: 1913.