Victoria West, Northern Cape

Founded: 1843

Named after Queen Victoria.

 


Click to view large map

List of references:

Fagan, Gawie & Fagan, Gwen. 2008. Brakdak : platdakke in die Karoo. Cape Town: Breestraat Publikasies. pp 194-199
Fransen, Hans. 2004. The old buildings of the Cape. A survey of extant architecture from before c1910 in the area of Cape Town - Calvinia - Colesberg - Uitenhage. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pp 554-555
Fransen, Hans. 2006. Old towns and villages of the Cape. A survey of the origin and development of towns, villages and hamlets at the Cape of Good Hope. With particular reference to their physical planning and historical landscape. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball. pp 303-304
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 66
Schoeman, Chris. 2013. Historical Karoo, The : Traces of the past in South Africa's arid interior. Cape Town: Zebra Press. pp 181-184

List of structures:

High School: 1907.
Jongelingsaal - Youth Hall: 1894.
Mission Church: 1865.
Municipal Offices: n.d..
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1846-1850 : 1922.
St John's Church: 1874.
Town Hall: pre-1911.