Notice: Undefined index: lim_start in /usr/www/users/artefekshh/main/Buildings/towndetframes.php on line 16 Colesberg, Northern Cape










Colesberg, Northern Cape

Founded: 1830

Named after Governor Sir Lowry Cole.

 


Click to view large map

List of references:

Fagan, Gawie & Fagan, Gwen. 2008. Brakdak : platdakke in die Karoo. Cape Town: Breestraat Publikasies. pp 46-71
Fransen, Hans. 2004. The old buildings of the Cape. A survey of extant architecture from before c1910 in the area of Cape Town - Calvinia - Colesberg - Uitenhage. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pp 557-561
Fransen, Hans. 2006. Old towns and villages of the Cape. A survey of the origin and development of towns, villages and hamlets at the Cape of Good Hope. With particular reference to their physical planning and historical landscape. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball. pp 298-302
Oberholster, JJ. 1972. The historical monuments of South Africa. Cape Town: Rembrandt Van Rijn Foundation for Culture at the request of the National Monuments Council. pp 189
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 48-49
Schoeman, Chris. 2013. Historical Karoo, The : Traces of the past in South Africa's arid interior. Cape Town: Zebra Press. pp 61-64

List of structures:

Christ Church - Anglican: c1848/50.
Coach House: 1840.
Colesberg Bank - Kemper Museum: 1861.
First National Bank: n.d..
Gariep Dam: 1964-1972. district
Gereformeerde Kerk: 1862.
House James B Searle: 1928.
Merino Inn: 1964.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1861-1866 : 1959.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1829-1832.
Old Mutual: n.d..
Orange-Fish Tunnel: 1965-1975.
Police Station: n.d..
Private school: 1896.
School: 1924.
Standard Bank: n.d..
Synagogue: n.d..
Town House: n.d..
Trinity Methodist Church: 1880s.
Volkskas Bank - now ABSA: 1956.