Cradock, Eastern Cape

Founded: 1812

Named after Sir John Cradock.

Click for larger map
Click on map for larger image

List of references:

Fransen, Hans. 2004. The old buildings of the Cape. A survey of extant architecture from before c1910 in the area of Cape Town - Calvinia - Colesberg - Uitenhage. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pp 573-576
Fransen, Hans. 2006. Old towns and villages of the Cape. A survey of the origin and development of towns, villages and hamlets at the Cape of Good Hope. With particular reference to their physical planning and historical landscape. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball. pp 167-169
Picton-Seymour, Désirée. 1989. Historical Buildings in South Africa. Cape Town: Struikhof Publishers. pp 93-94
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 13-14
Schoeman, Chris. 2013. Historical Karoo, The : Traces of the past in South Africa's arid interior. Cape Town: Zebra Press. pp 116-122

List of buildings:

Cradock school, gym: 1898.
Cruciform church Cradock: 1818.
House Schoeman - Farm Jakkalsfontein: 1937. district
J A Calata Memorial: 2006.
Land and Agricultural Bank: 1931.
Landbank: 1993.
Memorial Drinking Fountain: 1902.
National Bank: 1913 11.
Nederduits Gereformeerde Kerk Saal - Hall: 1911-1912.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1868.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1868.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1821.
New Church: 1890.
Old Congregational Church - Independent Church: 1853 : 1909.
Olive Schreiner House: n.d..
Rocklands Girls' School: 1901.
St Peter's Anglican Church: 1851.
Standard Bank: 1931.
Victoria Hotel: n.d..
Volkskas Bank: 1959.