Ermelo, Mpumalanga

Founded: 1871

Named after a town in Holland by its founder, Reverend Frans Lion Cachet.

 


Click to view large map

List of references:

Oberholster, JJ. 1972. The historical monuments of South Africa. Cape Town: Rembrandt Van Rijn Foundation for Culture at the request of the National Monuments Council. pp 329
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 253

List of structures:

Civic Centre: n.d..
Gert Sibande Municipal Offices: n.d..
Government Buildings - Additions: 1897.
House for Manager, Land Bank: 1939.
Land Bank: 1940.
Lutheran Church: 1950s.
Nederduitsch Hervormde Kerk: 1950.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1945.
Netherlands Bank: pre 1938.
Old Gaol: n.d..
Phoenix Hotel, alt: 1934.
Post Office: n.d..
Prison warders house: 1896.
Shops & Offices: 1959.
Suzmann Showroom, Warehouse and Offices: 1950s.
Tafelkop, Stonehut settlement: n.d.. district
ZAR Road Bridge over the Vaal River (Begin der Lijn Bridge): 1897. district