Notice: Undefined index: lim_start in /usr/www/users/artefekshh/main/Buildings/towndetframes.php on line 16 Amsterdam, Mpumalanga










Amsterdam, Mpumalanga

Founded: 1881

 


Click to view large map

Originally called Roburnia after Scottish poet Robert Burns by its founder Alexander McCorkindale, the name was changed in 1882.

List of references:

Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 251

List of structures:

Church: 1974.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: n.d..
Old Gaol: 1890.