Bedford, Eastern Cape

Founded: 1854

Named after the Duke of Bedford.

 


Click to view large map

List of references:

Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pp 59
Oberholster, JJ. 1972. The historical monuments of South Africa. Cape Town: Rembrandt Van Rijn Foundation for Culture at the request of the National Monuments Council. pp 157
Richardson, Deidré. 2001. Historic Sites of South Africa. Cape Town: Struik Publishers. pp 9-10

List of structures:

Cottage Hospital: 1920.
Municipal Offices: n.d..
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1945.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1894.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1957.
Presbyterian Church: n.d..
Public school: 1898.
Railway Station: n.d..
St Andrew's Anglican Church: 1882.
War Memorial: 1921 - 1922.