Philippolis, Free State

Founded: 1826

Named after the Reverend Dr Philip, superintendent in South Africa of the London Missionary Society.
View photos of this town

Click for larger map
Click on map for larger image

List of buildings:

Hostels: 1930.
House Van Rensburg (Oom Japie se Huis) Refurbishment: 1880s/ 1997.
Laurens Van Der Post Memorial Garden: 1998.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk: 1871.
Powder Magazine: 1871.
Town Jail: 1872.