Cement & Concrete Institute
The Cement & Concrete Institute, based in Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa, was established in 1938 for the purpose of 'promoting the interests and general advancement of the portland cement and construction industries as a whole'.
After 75 years of serving the construction industry in South Africa, the Cement & Concrete Institute will be closing down. This decision was reluctantly taken by the Board following the resignation of the Institute’s main funding members. The process required to give effect to this decision will commence with immediate effect (27 Feb 2013) and is expected to take two to three months to complete in its entirety. This will be the main focus of management going forward and will severely curtail services normally provided by the Institute. More detailed announcements will be made in this regard as soon as information is available.