Andrew Carnegie Library and Townhouse
The Carnegie Library is a single-storey building just north of the town hall, and was completed in 1911. The building was the work of the architects NT COWIN and EM POWERS. Consideration was given to building the library sympathetically in style with that of the Town Hall as the latter is considered to be the architectural highlight of Potchefstroom. Even the portal is identical to that of the town hall.
(Richardson, 2001: 265-6)(Potch Herald 6.2.1914:6; Restorica Jul 1982:6)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.