Mr. C.T. Rabie built these offices in 1903. He was born in Aberdeen in the Cape Province in 1870, and came to Lydenburg after the Anglo-Boer War in 1902, to work as an attorney. The building was changed to its present appearance in 1989.
[Information supplied by the Lydenburg Museum]
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.