James THOMPSON: Contractor
The corner-stone was laid on 7 June 1898 by President Steyn. It is a double-storey brick building opposite the station and although it still exists the facade has been changed with the installation of new windows. (Schoeman 1980:113)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry