Grey University College and School - now Grey College
James THOMPSON: Contractor
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT of the ORANGE RIVER COLONY: Architect
In 1905 Grey College in the centre of Bloemfontein was too small and a grant of land of 150 hectares was give for the new Grey University College and School. The main building was completed in 1906 and has been declared a National Monument. The Grey University College became a separate entity in 1916.
This building has been ascribed by some to BAKER.
(Middleton 1910:180 fig 308 ill)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry