Firestone Tyre Co Factory
Click to view large map
(SAB Dec 1935:58)
The factory was located corner of Kempston Road and Harrower Road. The building was extended by the addition of a smaller separate structure to the right of the original which copied the details of the 1935 factory. Although the original factory was demolished, this building is extant. It is not sure whether AA TAIT was the architect for the later addition.
(Gerald Humphrey 2014)
Compare with the Firestone Tyre Factory, Great West Road, Brentford, London.
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.