Sytner Bros building - Birmingham House
The building was called "Birmingham House" and was located between two other buildings by STUCKE & BANNISTER (Mutual Arcade and Bank of Africa) on Main Street near the Donkin Street corner, to the south. (It was the 5th building on the west side heading south from the corner). It accommodated the shop of H Sytner and Co. The building was demolished at the same time as Bank of Africa building to make way for the new Barclays Bank (JONES & McWILLIAMS) in 1956.
(Stucke's FRIBA nom papers 1910)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.