Christian Brothers' College
Vivian Sydney REES-POOLE: Architect
William Mitcheson TIMLIN: Architect
The original building was designed by Fergus Carstairs ROGERS in 1905. Additions were done by Vivian Sydney REES-POOLE some time before 1933 as they were mentioned in his FRIBA nomination papers of that year.
In 1933 'a rebuilding of the tower of the main building to hold a fine four-face clock' (SAB Aug 1933:41) accredited to William Mitcheson TIMLIN.
In the centre of the Main Block is a Memorial to the Old Boys who were killed in the First World War.
(Diamond Field Advertiser Christmas Number 1905; WW in Arch 1914; LRIBA nom papers 1925; FRIBA nom papers 1933; SAB Aug 1933:41)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry