Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk
Click to view large map
|See more photographs|
This imposing T-shaped building, with its neogothic characteristics, is one of the oldest existing churches in the Free State. The cornerstone was laid by JH Brand on 20 March 1886, and the consecration took place on 30 September 1887. When the church was renovated in 1905, the steeple was replaced by a lighter steeple of wood and iron.
(AB&E Sep 1920:7; Richardson, 2001:169)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry