Cavalla Cigarette Factory
Click to view large map
(SA Archt Oct 1939:255, 257, 259, 260)
Cigarette factory with leaf stores on an adjacent site. Consists of essentially 3 components: multi-storeyed R.C. framed building designed for vertical expansion with an appended single-storeyed cutting room (with lateral expansion potential) and an appended linked office block with vertical expansion possibilities. On south side a workers' block, capable of lateral and vertical expansion; consists of toilets, change rooms and mess rooms.
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry