The Mosque was completed and opened in 1866. It was located on the western side of Strand Street between Jetty Street and Staines Street. The mosque was sold in 1900 and demolished. (Gerald Humphrey, November 2016)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.