Landdrost, Post and Telegraph Office
Hermanus Cornelus LUITINGH: Project Architect
Sytze Wopkes WIERDA: Design Architect
Click to view location in Google maps
Initially housing the offices of the magistrate, police, clerical staff and post office, this building's cornerstone was laid on 6 July 1895. Architecturally the building differs from most other buildings of the ZAR era in that its mansard roof shows obvious French influence.
(Richardson, 2001: 268)
Writings about this entry