Share this record

Contact Artefacts
please if you have any comments or more information regarding this record.

Gereformeerde Kerk
Reddersburg, Free State

LOUW and MOERDYK: Architect

Date:1925
Type:Gereformeerde Kerk - Church
Status:Extant

 


Click to view large map

Coordinates:
-29.653056,26.171881
29°39'11.00" S 26°10'18.77" E Alt: 1421m

See more photographs

(Kesting 1978:804, gives WH Louw; Greig 1971:44, gives Moerdyk; Hoevers, J 2005:106, gives Louw & Moerdyk, probably Louw & Moerdyk)

This church replaced the one built in 1859 which became the Church Hall, known as the Postmasaal (Postma Hall).

All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.


Writings about this entry

Greig, Doreen. 1971. A Guide to Architecture in South Africa. Cape Town: Howard Timmins. pg 44, 212
Hoevers, Jan. 2005. Van Kerke en Dorpe. Historiese vertellinge oor die oudste kerke en dorpe in Suid-Afrika. Centurion: Publiself Uitgewers. pg 106
Hoevers, Jan. 2012. Geskiedkundige kerke : 'n Gids tot 50 tradisionele kerke. Pretoria: Kontak-uitgewers. pg 67-68
Kesting, DP. 1978. Afrikaans Protestantse kerkbou : erfenis en uitdaging. Port Elizabeth: Unpublished PhD. pg 804
Menache, Philippe & David, Darryl Earl. 2010. 101 Country Churches of South Africa. South Africa: Booktown Richmond Press. pg 31