St Alban's Cathedral
Edward Wilfrid Nassau MALLOWS: Architect
Click to view large map
The plans were done in 1905 with the foundation stone being laid by Lord Selborne in 1908 and the chancel was consecrated by Bishop Carter in 1909. The cathedral was completed in 1958 by the building of the aisleless nave, vestries, cloisters, a hall and diocesan offices to a new design by EWN MALLOWS, the son of BAKER's friend of Art Workers’ Guild days in London.
Writings about this entry