Click to view large map
(SAB Dec 1935:58)
A transcription of the sandstone foundation stone of Christ Church - on the east face of the apse - is recorded below:
A. M. D. G.
The letters A. M. D. G. are an abbreviation of the latin text 'Ad Majoram Dei Gloriam' meaning "For the greater glory of God".
The initials A. H. C. are those of Archibald Howard Cullen, Anglican Bishop of Grahamstown. The Archdeacon and Rector represented by the other set of initials has not yet been identified.
(Submitted by William MARTINSON)
The church hall (1980) is used during the week as a Creche.
This church is very similar in design to St Mary's Church, Arnoldton built in 1933.