Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk
(dem 1915) (Kesting 1978:785; Radford 1979:117)
The Dutch Reformed Church, at Caledon, is a beautiful building of architectural pretensions which would not be unworthy of a large European town. It was erected a cost of £7,000 and seats 800 people. The town was called after Lord Caledon, and is an important centre for the wool, grain, ostrich feathers, wine, etc., produced in the district.
Ref: Photographs of South Africa comprising Representative Views etc.; The South African Photo-Publishing Company, Cape Town, 1894: p 21
[Submitted by William MARTINSON, January, 2011]
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry