Share this record
please if you have any comments or more information regarding this record.
St Peter's Anglican ChurchSophia Wharton Myddleton (Sophy) GRAY: Architect
Plettenberg Bay, Western Cape
William JONES: Contractor
Click to view map
34°30'15.90" S 23°22'29.15" E Alt: 56m
(Lantern Jul 1984:24-6)
The church was designed by Sophy Gray in 1849 and was built by William Jones. He also donated furniture to the church. It was consecrated by Bishop William West Jones on 14 August 1881.
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry
|Martin, Desmond. 2005. The Bishop's churches. Cape Town: Struik. pg 90-91, front cover ill|
|Menache, Philippe & David, Darryl Earl. 2012. A Platteland Pilgrimage : 102 country churches of South Africa
. South Africa: Booktown Richmond Press. pg 12|
|Menache, Philippe & David, Darryl Earl. 2010. 101 Country Churches of South Africa. South Africa: Booktown Richmond Press. pg 94|
|Storrar, Patricia. 2001. Plettenberg Bay and the Paradise Coast. Craighall: Trevor McGlashan, TJM Publishers. pg 122-123 (ill.), 124, 131, 149, 159, 166|