30°29'38.06" S 25°58'31.62" E Alt: 1284m
Now a museum, this building was erected in by the Reverend Jean Pierre Pellissier of the Paris Evangelical Missionary Society with the help of C GOSSELIN, a missionary-artisan. He began building the house in 1834. The building progressed slowly because the materials had to be brought from far away. It was ready for Pellissier to move into in August 1835. The Pellissier family increased rapidly and in 1853 Pellissier added two lean-to rooms on one side, and in 1856 he added two more on the other side. Pellissier House is one of the oldest existing buildings in the Free State, and dates from a period when missionary work made an important contribution to the development of the area. Reverend Pellissier, his wife and their five children are buried in the graveyard behind the house.