STREET-WILSON and PATON: Architect
Click to view map
The Johannesburg Branch was opened in 1893. Three years later the site at the corner of Rissik and Pritchard Streets was bought and the Branch was rebuilt in 1897 by Charles FREEMAN. In 1903 the 1897 building was demolished and a ten-floored building was erected on the main site, architect UNKNOWN. In 1919 the site in Rissik Street was bought and in 1928/9 a six-floored building was erected on the Rissik Street corner site on the lines of the main building by STREET-WILSON & PATON with Arthur LEITCH, and thereby making one complete block. The contractor for the 1929 building was REID & KNUCKEY (PTY) LTD.
(SAB Feb 1930:33 ill)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry