Groote Schuur Hospital
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT: Architect
Two large granite foundation stones were included - one on each side of the Main Entrance into the building. The foundation stone on the left was inscribed in English, that on the right in Afrikaans.
The wording of foundation stone on the left hand side is transcribed below:
Submitted by William MARTINSON
Sketch scheme in conjunction with Dr Mackintosh of Glasgow Infirmary (FRIBA nom papers 1925).
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry