Civil Service Club
Click to view map
(SAB Nov 1934:87)
Not sure of the date or architect of the original design. In 1897 additions were done by John PARKER.
The Civil Service Club amalgamated with and moved to the City Club in Queen Victoria Street in 1976. It was then re-named the City and Civil Service Club.
When inspected by Rennie in 1978 the building was standing empty. At some stage thereafter it was turned into offices, which it currently (2022) still is.
These notes were last edited on 2022 05 10
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry