Click to view large map
The first Masonic Temple of Port Natal Lodge EC was built on this site in 1871. It was on the corner of Smith Street (now Anton Lembede Street) and a lane called Masonic Grove (now Dullah Omar Grove). Masonic Grove was named after the temple.
This temple was destroyed by fire in 1892, and replaced with a second Masonic Temple – the one by Street-Wilson and Fyfe. It was used for Masonic purposes until 1949 when it was replaced by a multi-storey office block known as Sangro House.
Writings about this entry