Designed by Gordon Leith and also listed as Goldfields District Grand Lodge. It was built with the proceeds of the the sale of the Masonic Arts Building and other money collected over several years for a new district lodge. The land was acquired in 1947 and building commenced after the laying of the foundation stone on 14 February 1954 by R. W. Bro Maj-Gen Sir Allan Aldair, Assistant Grand Master. The Kerk Street temple was being used while the new hall was under construction. Additional money was raised for the completion of the building via a Jubilee Memorial Fund.
(Johannesburg 1912 – Suburb by suburb research, accessed 2021 03 03)