Great War Memorial, Jeppe High School for Boys
Click to view large map
The construction of the Great War Memorial was financed by Julius Jeppe and unveiled by Field Marshall Jan Smuts in 1926. It features a dome over an octagonal plinth on which is recorded the names of Masters and past pupils of the school that lost their lives in the Great War. The dome has an oculus to let a ray of sunlight strike the Roll of Honour on Armistice Day - the 11th of November. The Great War Memorial was declared as a National Monument in 1986.