Pavilion, Orient Beach
Click to view large map
Orient Beach, originally known as Sandy Beach, was named after the Russian ship S.S. Orient, which stranded here on 29 July 1907. It had left south Australia with a crew of 21 men and a cargo of wheat. All attempts to free the ship failed. Fortunately no lives were lost and some of the cargo could be salvaged.
For some history of the Pavilion see ResearchGate