Share this record
please if you have any comments or more information regarding this record.
Bloch and Co BuildingPERRY and LIGHTFOOT: Architect 1938
Cape Town, Western Cape
Click to view large map
33°55'20.79" S 18°25'16.69" E
(SAB Mar 1938:71)
Tripartite bays to St George's Mall and quintipartite bays to Hout Street. In Florentine Palazzo manner having rusticated hewn granite plinth with double storeyed coursed stucco base, smooth plastered 4 storeyed body capped with giant fine moulded egg-and-dart and block modillion cornice and additional attic.
Now serves as the main circulation for the St George's Centre together with St George's St 78 and Hout St 15.
Writings about this entry
|Rennie, John for CPIA. 1978. The Buildings of Central Cape Town 1978. Volume Two : Catalogue. Cape Town: Cape Provincial Institute of Architects. pg 111 item 50.51|
|Shorten, John R. 1963. Cape Town : A record of the Mother City from the earliest days to the present. Cape Town: JR Shorten in association with Shorten and Smith Publications. pg 456 ill.; 458|