Old Library Building - Museum
32°15'04.35" S 24°32'08.91" E Alt: 756m
The Old Library Building (now known as The Old Library Museum).
The original building, consisting of only the central section of the current building, was built in 1847. This was extended, to the south, in 1878 and again, to the north, in 1926. It continued to serve as the library until 1981, when the new Library on Parsonage Street was opened. Since this time it has formed part of the museum. It was declared a National Monument on 27 February 1987. The building remains much the same as it was in 1926.
(Gerald Humphrey, October 2017)