St Philip's Church
33°57'27.42" S 25°36'32.72" E Alt: 69m
The church was originally established in the city in 1872, operating out of a wool shed in Strand Street. In 1883 an application was made to the Municipal Council for land which was granted in the same year. The foundation stone was laid in May 1883 and the church was dedicated the following year.
See also the Church Hall.