Semi-detached Houses for DP Blaine
JONES and McWILLIAMS: Architect 1956
Click to view large map
A pair of semi-detached houses designed for Delabere Pritchett Blaine in 1864. The houses were restored and some alterations carried out, in 1956, by the architects Jones and McWilliams but the street elevation has remained mostly unaltered. Both houses were declared National Monuments in May 1989 and are now Provisional Heritage sites. The houses have been used for commercial purposes in recent years. Sadly, they were in good condition up until 2015 but are now in need of maintenance. The high wall built in front of the houses distracts from the setting of the building and its presence to the street.