Centenary Memorial Pavilion 1820
This pavilion, designed by Jones & McWilliams, was built on the Donkin Reserve to be a sort of gazebo for the main party assembled there for the Great Commemorative Gathering on 9 April 1921 for the belated centenary of the
arrival of the 1820 settlers. This included the Governor-General, the Prime Minister, and the Commander-in-Chief of the Cape Station. There was a model of the "Chapman" on top and the names of the other transports on tablets. Later that month it was used again for the visit of Earl Haig. The 1820 Memorial Association asked the Council to accept it as a gift and suggested ideas for its future use, but the Council refused, saying the Reserve had to be free of buildings, and the pavilion was demolished.