Masjid Boorhaanol Islam
33°55'11.77" S 18°24'57.32" E Alt: 46m
"Transfer of land taken by Gouwaida, and she allowed the erection of the mosque on her property. First mosque [in Cape Town] to be constructed with a Minaret. The wooden Minaret was replaced with concrete in the 1930’s. In 1940, the name was changed from Pilgrim Mosque to Masjid Boorhaanol Islam. Declared a National Monument in 1970." (Boorhaanol Islam)
After the passing of the National Heritage Resources Act, Act 25 of 1999, it became a provincial heritage site.
(Lila Komnick, December 2017)