Click to view large map
The house situated on Market Square and was built built between 1806 and 1821.
In 1912 Herbert Urquhart, former mayor of Graaff-Reinet acquired the house and it is from this time that the house got its name. It is now part of the Graaff-Reinet Museum.
(Gerald Humphrey 2014)
In 1993 Peter WHITLOCK was awarded the Cape Times Centenary Medal for Conservation, for the restoration of Urquhart House.
Writings about this entry