Share this record
please if you have any comments or more information regarding this record.
Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk
Murraysburg, Western Cape
Click to view large map
31°57'47.16" S 23°45'42.96" E Alt: 1189m
The original church was built in the 1860s, it was enlarged in 1907 with the foundation stone being laid by Ds. R.D. MacDonald on 19 January.
For more information on the NG gemeente Murraysburg see Wikipedia
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry
|Fransen, Hans. 2004. The old buildings of the Cape. A survey of extant architecture from before c1910 in the area of Cape Town - Calvinia - Colesberg - Uitenhage. Johannesburg & Cape Town: Jonathan Ball Publishers. pg 533|
|Maeder, GA & Zinn, C. 1917. Ons kerk album van Hollandsche kerken en leeraren. Capetown: Cape Times. pg 101|
|Menache, Philippe & David, Darryl Earl. 2010. 101 Country Churches of South Africa. South Africa: Booktown Richmond Press. pg 93|