St Paul's Church
33°57'42.30" S 18°28'10.06" E Alt: 20m
The first church on this site was built by Major Charles C MICHELL. The land on which this church building was erected was granted by Sir Lowry Cole on 30 August 1832 and the church was opened on 16 February 1834. The church was enlarged and altered over the years (see new church) and eventually the original church by MICHELL was demolished to make way for the new stone chancel.
Charles MICHELL is commemorated by a stained glass memorial coat-of-arms in a window in the nave of the new church.
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry