Click to view large map
|See more photographs|
A;so referred to as the old Jail.
The Gaol was constructed in 1895 and apparently remained in use until approximately 1960, when it was sold into private ownership. The building was derelict and unoccupied for a number of years but has recently been restored and is now a B&B. (Gerald Humphrey, December 2014)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.