Share this record

Contact Artefacts
please if you have any comments or more information regarding this record.

Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk
Aurora, Western Cape

William Henry FORD: Architect

Date:1908-1909
Type:Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk - Church
Status:Extant

 


Click to view large map

Coordinates:
32°42'17.43" S 18°29'04.96" E Alt: 107m

Die hoeksteen van die kerkgebou is op 16 April 1908 deur prof. P.G.J. de Vos gelê, 'n jaar na die aankoms van die eerste leraar, ds. C.R. Ferreira. Nege maande later, op 20 Januarie 1909, is die sierlike gebou in gebruik geneem. (Morné van Rooyen).
[The cornerstone of the church building was laid on 16 April 1908 by Prof. P.G.J. de Vos after the arrival of the first preacher, ds. C.R. Ferreira. Nine months later, on 20 January 1909, the graceful building was inaugurated.]

All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.


Writings about this entry

Menache, Philippe & David, Darryl Earl. 2015. Church tourism in South Africa : a travel odyssey. South Africa: Self-published by Philippe Menache and Darryl Earl David. pg 118