33°30'28.86" S 18°28'18.10 E Alt: 183m
|See more photographs|
This mill replaced a horse mill which had been built in 1830. The iron parts were obtained from a disused mill in Cape Town. In 1873 the miller's dwelling was added to the building with an iron roof and loft windows. The mill was so successful that later in the century it was replaced by a steam mill. In 1973 the mill was restored by the Rembrandt Group and is now a museum. (Picton-Seymour 1989:79; Fransen 2004:334)
All truncated references not fully cited below are those of Joanna Walker's original text and cited in full in the 'Bibliography' entry of the Lexicon.
Writings about this entry