Share this record

Bashew Bros. Soft Drink Factory
Cape Town, Western Cape


Max POLICANSKY: Architect


Click for larger map

33°56'11.05" S 18°32'23.29" E Alt: 21m
Click on map for Google Maps

"The time had come for another major move by 1951 and in that year the company took occupation of its new R200,000 factory that had been erected on a three-acre site in the industrial area off Gunners' Circle." They moved from the building built in 1913, a landmark in the Cape Town of its day, in Searle Street. (Shorten, 1963)

(Submitted by Paul VAN DER MERWE)

Writings about this entry

Righini, Paul. 1977. The work of Max Policansky. isilili sam sise africa : a journal of architecture and human settlements - University of Cape Town Volume 1, Number 1. pp 47
Shorten, John R. 1963. Cape Town : A record of the Mother City from the earliest days to the present. Cape Town: JR Shorten in association with Shorten and Smith Publications. pg

Contact Artefacts please if you have any comments or more information regarding this record.