Raadsaal - Fourth
CANNING and GOAD: Architect
John Collingwood TULLY: Project Architect
Click to view large map
Won in open competition. The cornerstone was laid by President FW Reitz on 27 June 1890 and three years later the imposing classical buildings were formally opened.
The building was restored and rehabilitated to become the Free State Legislature in 2011 by THE ROODT PARTNERSHIP for which they received an Award of Merit from the South African Institute of Architects.
Writings about this entry