General Post Office
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT of the CAPE COLONY: Architect
33°57'45.95" S 25°37'26.98" E Alt: 10m
|See more photographs|
Designed in 1897 it was opened to the public on 25 June 1900 but was only fully completed in 1902.
Richardson (2001:38) ascribes the building to HS GREAVES but in the biography of AG HOWARD it states that he did the drawings, which in those days usually meant he designed them.
Writings about this entry